Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 1 kit

Default Kitfox 1 kit

Hi all, a while back I found a Kitfox 1 unfinished kit. Looks like I'm going to be getting it soon. I really don't plan to build it myself, I have to many plane projects ahead of me right now. Kind of wondering what's best to do with it, sell it as a complete kit or part it out. Not sure what became of the original spars, these ones are 12' long and are .083 wall thickness. I think Kitfox always used .065 wall for their spars, but the higher gross weight Avids did use the .083 wall spars and their spars are 12' long. All the ribs are there in a bundle, as well as the wing brace tubing. Oh well, comments and suggestions are welcome! Thanks, Jim Chuk

Default Re: Kitfox 1 kit

Well I ended up bringing that Kitfox 1 kit home today. Looks like it's mostly complete, the doors and elevator push-pull tube are missing, the guy is going to look for them, so they may turn up yet. Didn't go through the small boxes of bolts and rivits and stuff, but it's probably mostly there as well. Anyway, here are some pics. last 2 are of the wheel hubs and brakes. Anyone ever see any like this? If someone wanted a real light plane, and they had an HKS, this would make one fine little airplane I think. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Make it a single seat and put an 80 hp. Rotax on it.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

That would be down right scary! Fun though!! 400 - 450 lbs of airplane with 80 HP. It would sure get into the air fast. Take care, Jim Chuk