Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Does Anyone Know Anything About This Kitfox?

Default Does Anyone Know Anything About This Kitfox?

What series?
    What cowl?
    What gear?
    Whats on the horizontal stabilizer sticking up?
    What N#?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Does Anyone Know Anything About This Kitfox?

I don't know what series it is, but as I live in Kansas, I do know something about farmland and cows !!! The picture shows a circular irrigation system, the kind used typically for corn, as corn requires a lot of water. However, there is no corn in the picture, just cows and pasture. That means that the area is so dry it requires watering of pasture, something not done in the USA to my knowledge.
    I think it is Africa or Australia.
    Roger

Looks like the Homedale airport to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFox View Post
    Looks like the Homedale airport to me.
    Very good.. That is a model IV that lives at our home base. Smooth cowlings, modified firewall forward, and custom gear... Similar to the Cabane gear we offer. Tabs on the elevator are Fences.. They are also on the wing.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Lots of irrigation like that in the Western part of the US - all over parts of Nevada, Idaho and Utah and even parts of California.

Actually it is the Homedale airport, the owners name is John. I am pretty sure it is a Model IV. The Landing gear is home brew his design - no cabane, but a welded tab on the bungee bulkhead for the top attachment of the spring struts. Not sure on the cowl, but he has fences on the wings, as I recall, and that might be what you see on the horizontal as well. Impressive airplane and he has challenged it and his abilities as well - definitely not a hangar queen.
    Lowell

Quote Originally Posted by rogerh12 View Post
    I don't know what series it is, but as I live in Kansas, I do know something about farmland and cows !!! The picture shows a circular irrigation system, the kind used typically for corn, as corn requires a lot of water. However, there is no corn in the picture, just cows and pasture. That means that the area is so dry it requires watering of pasture, something not done in the USA to my knowledge.
    I think it is Africa or Australia.
    Roger
    Not Africa nor Australia, but Idaho. We are pretty dry in the summer months and all farmland requires irrigation if you want to grow anything (even pasture grass). We use those irrigation systems to save on moving pipe. Saves a lot of manpower as well as being very efficient and very expensive.