Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter is coming...

Default Re: Winter is coming...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! flying with skis on my plane is high on my bucket list. As for winter flying and a warm cabin, I find the biggest leaks are between the seat pan and the door frame. I stuffed some packing material in there while thinking about a more elegant solution, suggestions? I am also pondering why I get so much cold air from the back of the plane which I assume is from the elevator slots which appear to be nice little air scoops. Thinking of attaching a flat rubber (or other flexible material) to the leading edge of the gap such that it would cover the slot where the elevator is not. Thoughts comments ideas?

Merry Christmass

Perhaps we should move this and a few other comments to a warm cabin thread as the topic comes up frequently this time of year.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

The turtle deck and wing roots are also great places for cold air entry.

My yellow plane is so drafty I just have accepted it an wear a "hoodie" under my coat to keep my neck warm.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Clear, calm and 18 degrees F yesterday. The little 503 fired right up after sitting for two months and climbed like I was solo.

I have no cabin heater in my kitfox but was warm and cozy with my Gerbings heated vest. My wife said she was pretty cold..no heated clothing for her. I still have some draft holes to find and plug on her side I guess.

Wind turbins in the snow
    Elk feeding station
    Barn blew down in the wind a couple days ago. Almost cleaned up already.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder