Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter is coming...

Default Winter is coming...

3 days ago we got our first snow of the season, about 3". Then it opened up to a gorgeous day for Saturday and had to go play, even though it was only about 18 degrees.

I took off from our house and flew to a friend's house. Picked him up and headed to Brendon's house for Coffee. It was a good day of playing.

How is your weather treating you??

Fall4.jpg
    Steve's house

Fall3.jpg
    Brendon's House

Since these pictures we have had another 3" of snow and it is still flurrying now while I am writing.
    ***If you are wondering about that gorgeous engine cover, my mother made it! Wing cover's are next on the list.

Default Re: Winter is coming...

Very nice looking cover. It's 13 degrees in our part of Utah with about 8" new snow.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

I was wondering about you Steve. I have seen some pretty crazy pictures from a friend in Bountiful. Seems a little early for this.
    K

Was -25C here yesterday. Got our first dump if snow 3 weeks ago. But back home in Ontario it's still a nice 10C or 60F ish

Up here in northern MN, it has been warmer than usual, we've had several 3-4" snowfalls in the last 3 weeks, but then it warms up and melts again. Right now it's about 25 F and we've gotten 2" of snow this AM, but it's supposed to warm up again later in the week. Usually we have permanent snow on the ground by now. Just out of curiosity, I looked through my logbook, and see that in 2007, 12-5 is listed as first flight on skis, 08 is 12-9, 09 is 12-29, and 10 is 11-27. I wasn't flying last winter because of flipping my plane in Oct 2011. I'm all fired up to try the skis again this winter though! For me, flying in the winter is the best time of year. Take care, Jim Chuk

well you should come fly in Québec, yes today it was very mild temperature..... 61F with low wind and hight ceiling!!! not so bad in the North!!! no snow have cover the soil yet.....

Not quite ready for skis on the Kitfox here yet.

It's finally getting cool enough to drive with the convertible top down here.
    74 degrees and sunny. Perfect day today. Now where did I leave that snow shovel? Oh yes. Back in Minnesota.

P1060494.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Nice ride, and the same color as your fox! I assume that's "sun yellow"?
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

To exactly where do I send the hate mail?

Well it seems like winter has arrived here in Northern MN. We now have 4" of snow on the ground and if/when we get more, I'll have to switch to the skis. I did get a little flying in today, temps were about 25 F. Took a bit longer to get off with the drag from the snow, but the roll out on landing was sure short. Snapped a few pics while I was up of the local lakes and my strip. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images