Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photos of Airstreaks on Kitfox 5 or 7?

Default Re: Photos of Airstreaks on Kitfox 5 or 7?

Hey, maybe there is a (dare I say it ??) a cheap copy of these tires, maybe something made overseas but still usable on experimental aircraft?
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by wildirishtime View Post
    $2000/$20each = 100 landings and they're destroyed? i don't think so....
    I know guys with these and they last them forever....

~Wild
    I am with Wild.....We get alot more landings than that out of them on alot heavier planes.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerh12 View Post
    Hey, maybe there is a (dare I say it ??) a cheap copy of these tires, maybe something made overseas but still usable on experimental aircraft?
    Roger
    No one overseas makes a "bushwheel" copy that I have ever seen. If you ever fly a set of these you will understand that you get what you pay for!

Just wondering, you ever work for NASA ?? Going with the cheapest manufacture of rubber products tends to not always work out so well....

I know we've been through this before but just in case some of you missed it, check out HighwingLLC.com. He carries the Nanco 21x12x8 tires at $59 each. My flying buddy has a model 2 with these and is a 100% satisfied customer. He has had "0" problems. They're, obviously not ideal for pavement but they've worked just fine for every pavement landing so far. They sure do smooth out rough grass fields and not so perfect landings. I've got almost 40 landings in this same plane. With the old tires we'd feel every little bump. The best thing about them is the price. Let's see, $118 for Nanco or $2000+ for Airstreaks or 16 pairs of Nanco's or 1 pair of Airstreaks? The truth is most of us would never or could never pay $1000 per tire but $59 wouldn't be such a big deal. It might be fun to get an extra set of wheels for the Nanco's and switch them around as needed. But, on the other hand, if I were landing on mountain tops or gravel bars in remote locations I'd want the very best and the Airstreaks might be justified. The Nanco's are a good option some of you might want to take a closer look at. James Thomas

Just wondering, you ever work for NASA ?? Going with the cheapest manufacture of rubber products tends to not always work out so well....

HEY, those O-rings work just fine !!!!
    (as long as they don't get too cold)

Roger

Nanca Comparision?

I personally am frustrated with my nanca tires, they run oblong. If I let the plane sit in one possision to long, usually more than 2 days. the left tire mainly, will get a memory. My cure right now is to go by the hangar and role the plane back a couple feet and give it a new sitting place. I can see the tires go bump bump and it's not a balance issue. If I don't get off the runway quick the left wheel shakes to all beat HXXX. I'm very disapointed with these tires for this reason. The right tire isn't so bad but has the same problem.

we have been running the nanco's for a few years and have not had any of these issues. The king fox tires seem to go flat every week, but the nanco's have been great tires. I run 6-10 PSI in them depending on where I am going. When I take the floats off and go back to wheels, I hope to be putting on a set of 26" BW. more expensive yes, but they will save the truss and landing gear due to the shock absorbtion of these tires. Not to mention, it will get the AOA up there where you can get in and out shorter!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akflyer; 09-06-2011 at 09:30 AM.

I think I just got a bad set of tires. I know, put on the floats. Yup. I'll start another thread on that one.

I would love to put some Nanco's on my Mk 5 but have been told by several people that they are only suitable for Mks 1 - 4 from a weight point of view. Is this correct?
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

Can anyone point me to a picture of 26" Airstreaks on a Kitfox 5 or 7?
    I was hoping to find more detailed photos of those not the nancos...
    photos and info/chatter about them are well covered... Airstreak photos
    on Kitfox is a lil more rare.

Thanks,
    -Wild