Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 DFS Fly In

Default Re: 2010 DFS Fly In

well ,..being in the sticks has it's disadvantages ..dial up is one ,.it took 2 hours for me to download the video ..but well worth it fun flying there Steve,..and I almost spilt my coffee leaning on some of the turns ha ha
    haven't installed the "G" simulator in my chair yet

Chase

11 years since I built the place your plane was parked at Steve.
    2000 hours of flying in Kitfoxes, a treasure of friends. I conceived
    the Desert Fox Squadron because of Steve Kellander, Ray Volk and
    Stan and Cara allways bugging me to go flying while I was trying to
    build my place. Changed my life! I lost count of the members at
    28, I know there are many more now.

Thanks for the memories

Papa

Steve K

It looks like it was a great fly-in. I really hate that I missed it. It turned out I got the Flu, stayed home the Monday and Tuesday before the fly-in. Also the weather here in Dallas got REALLY Bad. On Thursday the Winds were 40-50 miles per hour. DFW reported some that were 50. I had driven out to Mesquite, on Thursday evening, accross the street there is a Truss Constuction Company. they had some trusses complete and in the yard. The trusses had been wrapped in plastic. As I was leaving the airport I noticed the heavy plastic wrap had ripped off of the trusses, and was being blown by the breaze. It was straight out, it flapped a little. The plastic would have been at least 20 feet long, and it was virtually straight out! It definitely indicated a direct cross wind, and I would have guessed 35 to 40 miles per hour. When I got home the weather report said 50 MPH at DFW. If I was taking off into the wind, I could have probably lifted off even if I were rolling backwards!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul, I was really looking forward to seeing you and flying with you in that beautiful factory built Kitfox. I think we'll have to re-schedule for a later date when the wind gods are at peace. Would have been one rough ride and slow coming from your direction.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear