Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Indian Hills Airpark Flight

Default Indian Hills Airpark Flight

Monday showed up in typical Arizona attire. No winds, mostly sunny skies and 65 degrees. Phil Laker (desertfox1) and I joined up at Thunder Ridge Airpark then headed West another 70 miles or so to Indian Hills Airpark to visit my brother Tom. He and my sister-in-law Monica had escaped Minnesota's winter grip and were spending a couple days with Tim and Barb Steiers who also made the great escape from the same frozen region. Tim owns a very nice hangar/home on the Indian Hills Airpark runway. The flight over was perfect. No bumps or wind and gorgeous blue skies with a hint of high cirrus clouds. Hugging the mountain bases delivered no punishment. The same flight would have induced much punishment at 110 degrees in July.
    IMG_5841.jpg

It was only a matter of 10 minutes and several airport dwellers were surrounding Phil's Super Sport asking multiple questions regarding performance, engine , prop, useful loads and the capability to fly it in Sport Pilot mode. Phil handled the onslaught like an airshow pro. The only thing missing was a pad of order forms.
    IMG_5866.jpg

My brother had to try on Phil's Super Sport for fit and comfort. Tim joined him to see it it could hold two full grown Minnesota boys. They were very complimentary on the comfort of the SS.
    IMG_5828.jpg

Phil generously offered to let me take Tom for a quick flight in the SS. I'll never turn down a chance to fly a Super Sport so Tom and I strapped in and took a nice 20 minute flight. Tom's used to flying a new Citabria with 180 hp. but said several times how nice the Kitfox handled and that it was a very well balanced aircraft with a comfortable and quiet cabin. Do we have a future convert to the Kitfox family? Who knows. I think he was sold on the winters in Arizona though.
    After a great lunch of soup, sandwiches and brownies and lots more questions around the Kitfox's we departed for Thunder Ridge to visit with Stan and Cara Foster for an hour or so then headed home for Deer Valley and Chandler.
    It was a beautiful day of flying and visiting with friends and family. Wish all of you fighting the good fight in the colder climates could have sat in the doorway of Tim and Barb's hangar soaking up the warm Arizona sunshine and talking airplanes. This has to be why we live here.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Indian Hills Airpark Flight

More photos of Indian Hills
    IMG_5845.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    Tom and Steve.
    IMG_5854.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

you keep it up and I'm gonna move to AZ,..

looks like ya'll had allot of fun ,.it aint so bad here ,,6 inches of snow in the past 8 hours ..wife got stuck so had to go rescue her,..and it's only suppose to be 5 F tonight so ..almost the same as AZ ha ha ha NOT
    you sure know how to rub it in Steve ha ha <grinnin>

Plenty of room Chase. The scenery never gets old.

IMG_5876.jpg
    IMG_5817.jpg
    IMG_5816.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

With the weather we are having here in Texas maybe I need to move to Arizona! With any luck John will be here this weekend with N703KA!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul, hopefully you'll get a taste of our weather in March when you bring your Kitfox to the Desert Fox Squadron fly-in.
    It's worth the trip.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Wow. Thanks for the great flight. My wife is now ready to live there (during the winter). Now all I have to do is figure out how to earn a living there, oh yea, and how to buy a new Super Sport, too! Love it!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos