Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Landing on the beach

Default Re: Landing on the beach

I know it would add more line's/ minimal weight which would also give more area for fluid etc,..but if a valve was set at both locations with a T in the brake line from master to "T" then forward and rear mounting location ..it would eliminate the need to remove and replace the lines each time the gear was transformed,if transforming was going to be a common practice.install a plug in the "not used " line end,.. and remember to open or close the appropriate valve ,.with the grove gear and gun drilled set up this would be an easy set up.

Skypirate - that's a good idea - wouldn't take much to set that up - especially during initial construction.

I've also been thinking about making a special axle for the front gear that would allow you to mount two tires, each outboard of the gear forks. That would give the front gear a lot more tire area on the ground, and perhaps prevent the front gear from digging in. There are also tires out there that are "flatter" than the normal aviation tire - and they would also increase the footprint or area of the tire on the ground.

Just a thought.

Rodney

Rodney ,..on a caster front wheel ,..different tire shapes then recommended can cause a wobble problem ,..if you put 2 tires on a caster system that might also give you more of a problem on other then asphalt surfaces. I'm not familiar with the caster used on the kitfox trigear ,..some systems have a dampening system ,.some are just caster,..nothing to dampen a wobble in them .

Chase

Your right - it would definately require some testing.

I don't know if it would work or not - just a idea - probably should have kept it to myself for now.

When I get my Kitfox - I'll probably look into it for soft field work.

Rodney

nothing wrong with thinking out loud ,..I am guilty of that all the time Rodney

FWIW The 7 does have a damper system on the caster
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

thanks Doral ,.added to my archive any flying time yet on your new beautiful gorgous ( no envy in this question ha ha ) plane ?

Not flying yet, just got a tech inspection yesterday, passed with flying colors . Hope to get the AW inspection in a month or two (by the same fellow who did the tech inspection which is handy). Have a hangar waiting for me at KORH, should be good.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive