Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Schedule for new KF4 project

Default Schedule for new KF4 project

Just before starting a new KF4 Speedster project.
    Can you help me with information from you experience about how many hours you invest in your project?
    If possible please divide the time for each complex like wings, fuselage, rudder, fire wall etc'
    I want to set a time table with milestones and to watch it very carefully.

Default Re: Schedule for new KF4 project

A precise answer is next to impossible to provide on build time because it depends on so many variables.

If a person is doing a first build - expect that it will reasonably take longer than expected - I took what I was told by the promotional literature and multipliied that by 2 - came pretty close to reality. I know I could do a second build much quicker.

I feel that: 1) building the the wings (assuming we are not talking about the quick build wings) and 2) doing the covering and painting will likely be two of the projects on a kitfox which will take up the most time.

Personally, I feel that rather than trying to put an exact hour amount on everything - a person is better off coming up with a build strategy to efficiently make use of one's time.

There are different strategies; and here are some...

1) Get all of the parts right up front - that way you will always have something to work on if you get stuck waiting for something else or want to do something different for a change of pace- also - the parts will only cost more in the future.

2) Have your project located IMMEDIATELY where you live if at all possible - if you can access it easily - it will get done quicker and you won't spend time traveling back and forth.

3) Vow to do at least one thing on your project every day - even it is is some piddly little thing - it will get done quicker. Just do something every day.

4) Search the resources on this builders site - be suprised how many times someone on the list has a unique and facile solution to something - well....maybe a person wouldn't be suprised - this is a pretty darn creative bunch with lots of great ideas!

It is not just the hours - it can be the years too - many ways to make hours fit in.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp