Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

My name is AJ, live about an hour north of Pittsburgh Pa, just purchased an unbuilt model IV a few weeks ago, for the bargain price of $5,000. was on ebay and graigslist. didn't sell an ebay for $5999.? saw on graigslist for 5000. emailed the guy. wife said it was probly a scam. anyhow a week later drove 4 hours and now Im one of you guys.

It's about 10 years old, never finished. apears to be mostly there minus epoxy for wings and poly stuff for the fabric.

Have to build the wings as the previous owner did not have the quick build option, which is fine with me since I like that kind of stuff.

I was missin a few minor things for wing like the cross braces, but a quick call to Kitfox and John fixed me up.

power plant will have to be subaru or 2 stroke rotax, seeing as I'm gonna have to keep feedin the kids. LOL

Been doin alot of readin on here, and admiring all your planes, hoping mine will turn out half as nice. any advice or comments are always welcome. Thanks AJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Hello everyone

Welcome AJ,
    Congratulations on your great deal! You are in the right place to help you through anything that might get you to scratchin yer head alot. Believe me, I think I have a bald spot from doing that. The build process has been very rewarding and I encourage you to draw from the knowledge base we have with our members. Your going to love how this plane flys!
    Best Wishes!
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Nice find AJ. Good luck with the build and welcome.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Kinda felt like winnin the lottery though, the kit fox is one of the many I've dreamed about ownin. The engine is the next dilema though, lots of reseach left to be done on that subject. I know the 912 is the best, tryin to figure out the order past that, Alot of great opinions here to help is nice problem to have. thanks for the warm welcome from everyone

My advice is go with a 912, but don't be in a big hurry to get it. You have a lot of work to do before you need the engine. Watch all the aircraft want adds you can. Good deals come along once in a while, you just have to jump on them when they do before someone else beats you to it. I ended up buying a crashed Rans S-12 with a very low time 912 for $6000. Hour meter reads 86, but the FAA crash report lists 125 or so. Either way, not many hours. No damage to the engine, the Rans is a pusher. I sold almost $1000 worth or parts off the Rans so it was a pretty cheap engine for me, and I got the instruments now also. Now all I have to do is finish the plane (KItfox 4) Take care, Jim Chuk

Hi AJ, I'm a couple hours north of you in Edinboro. If theres anything I can help you with let me know. I'm midway through a SS build. Photos on the album too if they can be of any help....Ken