Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trim

Default Trim

Hi, I need some advice. I'm hoping to do some cross country flying once I get this S7 done. Apr 2010s the goal. Is there any reason to add an in flight adustable trim on the wing. I did put rudder trim on but am unsure whether there is any need for trim on the wing. For those that have done long tiips do you feel there would be any benefit. I'm covering the wings now so now's the time to do it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks....Ken

Default Re: Trim

Ken , I have found on my Series 5 that the elevator trim and cockpit adjustable rudder trim are sufficient for long cross country flying. You were smart to add the adjustable rudder trim during your build phase as this function is definitely one of the best mods that I have made to my Kitfox, and much easier to do before the plane is covered. During your flight test period if you find you have a heavy wing, you will be able to correct the problem with lift strut adjustments.,making aileron trim unnecessary. Good Luck Bruce N199CL