Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Photos of Airstreaks on Kitfox 5 or 7?

Default Re: Photos of Airstreaks on Kitfox 5 or 7?

Well... I've only had a chance to try the 11" tail wheel on snow and ice... so far, I like how it absorbs the bumps (it's a little quieter), and I like how it does NOT leave much of a track. My 8" left quite a track/rut, even in the hard pack snow.

The 11" tail wheel base it built to fit a 1 3/4" wide tail spring, and there are 2 adapters available from Matco to adapt to fit a 1 1/4" spring. However, I talked with George at Matco, and he suggested I could use my 8" base as it already had the grease fitting to allow for the new vertical axle. So... I de-installed the bases from each of the tailwheels, and installed the 8" tailwheel base on the 11" tailwheel.

As you can see from the picture below, I've experienced significant tailwheel growth over the last couple of years. The original solid wheel on the right, the middle wheel is the 8" pneumatic, and on the left is the new 11" Matco. I'm hoping I'm done now!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ackselle
    Kitfox IV 1200 Classic C-GIKV
    29" Airstreaks, 11" Matco Tailwheel
    ROTAX 912, Hoffman HO-V352F CS Prop