Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Carbon Fibre

Default Carbon Fibre

Hi all, I'm thinking of changing the gear in my aircraft ,it has the bungee style tubular gear but I would like to do it with carbon fibre springs on the mains and the tailwheel, I'm after any advice on the way to go about it ,I have experience with GRP as I use it on occasion with my job but have never done anything with glass springs,
    cheers Mat

Default Re: Carbon Fibre

Not sure if this is what you mean or not, but go have a look at this site if you like. He shows how he builds a fiberglass spring for a Himax airplane. I bought one from him years ago when I had a Himax, and it worked real well. Anyway, the site it http://curedcomposites.com/gear.html Here is a pic of the Himax I used to have with the fiberglass gear. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Carbon Fibre

Thanks mate very informative,yeh it's along the lines of what I'm looking at, I've been flying a mates eurofox and it has a two piece main gear arrangement