Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Headroom in SuperSport

Default Headroom in SuperSport

Question for all the masses that fly a SuperSport, how much head room do you have in the cockpit from your head to the headache bars and the overhead glass? Just got my seats from Kitfox (I had some extra thickness built into the cushions) and wonder how everyone else faires. I'm not tall, just 5'8".

Thanks,
    Dick B

Default Re: Headroom in SuperSport

I have a Series 7 which is the same setup as the SS frame and I am 5'10" in height.

I also have 3 inches of various densities of temper foam in my seat cushions and I can wear a baseball cap and my headset and have room to spare. Can't say I have ever measured but I would guess I have 4 inches or so above that setup. I know if I try to wear a cowboy type hat then it it will hit the upper frame.

It's funny you should ask. I just put some new cushions in my 5 today. I'm 6'4" and have not had any problems with the factory seats. I put a 1/2 inch more high-density foam in the new ones, now my head hits the glass with the headset on. I'm going to have the cushion reduced to the 1" or less thickness of the factory ones.
    DAT
    Model V
    912 UL - Xtra
    IVO IFA prop

I am 6' tall and long in the torso. With my factory seats and headset, I am fine. But, that said, a 1/2" more cushion might create a problem.
    Chuck
    N825CB
    SS