Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Eurofox

Default Eurofox

Hello TeamKitfox
    I have been shopping for a Model 4-7 Kitfox with a 912S in the $40,000 range.
    A Eurofox (which now is called Aerotech) with a 912S is listed on Barnstormers for $42K and is located a few hours away in Eugene Oregon.
    The Eurofox appears to be a clone of a Kitfox.
    Does anyone on this forum know much about them?
    Is it cloned after a Model 4 or the newer Model 5-7?
    I have been flying a Model 1 for 17 years and looking for a faster and longer range Backcountry airplane with more useful load.
    I will appreciate any experience with this airplane.
    Thanks Herman Pahls 541 404 6464

Default Re: Eurofox

They are much closer akin to a C model Avid Flyer than a Kitfox.

Definitely much smaller than a IV-VII Kitfox.

Nice enough little plane for what it is. Some interesting features: Aluminum wing ribs, composite flapperons, composite gear legs...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

In my opinion the Eurofox (at least the one I did my transition training in) was very similar to the Model IV. After getting use to the break being a knob that is pulled from the panel, I enjoyed flying it. Another difference is if in nose wheel config, the nose wheel is attached to the rudder for steering. If it has been taken care of, it may be one to take a look at.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

I start by saying I am an aircraft owner but not a Kitfox or a Eurofox, so my words ate simply my observations and opinions. I have been following the Eurofox (Aerotrek) series for a few years and always visit their booth at Sun N Fun & Airventure. I used to participate in the Yahoo Groups Eurofox list but it's relatively inactive and small. (For a while the XCOM radio was a standard radio in the Eurofox and I got some useful info from that group since I have a XCOM in my Luscombe). I have sat in several and they are a little on the small side for a tall/large person. I do believe the KF 7 has a larger cabin than the Eurofox. The build quality of the Eurofox/Aerotrek is very impressive. I would take a serious look at a Eurofox if I was looking at both models. Ron Rollison from Aerotrek has a companion company that sells radios, transponders & sunglasses, etc. called Airplanegear.com. Rob is a straightforward nice guy to deal with. My two cents. Skot

Herman-

I currently own an Aerotrek A240 (tri-gear) SLSA. It is very similar in most dimensions to my Kitfox 4-1200 and Avid Mk-IV, definitely larger than my Kitfox 3 (or an Avid model C), and smaller than a KF 5-7. Factory build quality of the Aerotrek LSA is very good and, aside from a few isolated nits, most owners report favorable ownership experience. IMHO, asking price of the A220 (taildragger) w/ 912uls you mention is not out of line assuming NDH. It appears to have been re-registered E-LSA, a bonus if you want to do your own maintenance.
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)