Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 912iS

Default Kitfox 912iS

The 912iS is installed and flying.. Remarkably smooth.

We have a new firewall forward package that will be available shortly (working on packing list, pricing and instructions). While very simular to the 912ULS firewall forward there are some differences.

We have also worked closely with Advanced Flight Systems to equip the aircraft with their AF5000 series display. As many of you know the iS requires electronic engine gauges reading the CanAerospace bus system and cannot utilize analog gauges. The Team at Advanced came through and we now have a great engine display and flight display with HiRes terrain synthetic vision. Thank you to the Team at Advanced.

We are the first US manufacture to offer a complete firewall forward and fly the 912iS. Kitfox N12KA, AKA "The MULE", has now had 3 completely different engines, Rotec R2800 Radial, Lycoming O-233 and now the Fuel Injected Rotax 912iS on the same airframe... now we just need to put it on tri-gear and floats and skis... but it looks so good as a tail dragger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jdmcbean; 01-06-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: Kitfox 912iS

Congratulations to the Kitfox Team! What a great accomplishment! Looking forward to seeing performance figures and other pilot comments.

I had a friend send send me this a month ago. I've kept it under my hat until you announced the install.

Looks really good. What kind of prop is that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

The new Whirlwind ground adjust... Very nice prop and made right here in the US. Whirlwind Propellors of San Diego
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Very nice John and Team !!!
    Looking forward to see the figures and performance data, specially fuel consumtion compared to he old 912.

Keep it up :-)
    Greets from Germany

This posting will sure make a man question his priorities in life. What great looking plane.

I don't know what kind of mechanical engineering or art department they have at Boise State (no questions about their football program though!) but they should move both of the former programs off-campus to the Homedale Airport. NEVER have I seen more decorously detailed firewall-forward displays than those born at S66! And now it's three straight Oscar nominations for "The Mule" alone. How day do dat?

I like to show John's Kitfox Power-Package Art to some local Westinghouse appliance engineer friends every so often just to watch them weep as I calmly stroll out of their Star-Trek-Tech-designed test lab/kitchen!

Congrats again John, Debra & Team; after this, I'm almost ashamed to go look under my little Speedster's cowl again.

"E.T."
    (sigh)

Sweet John, We look forward to hearing performance numbers with that one. Have a safe trip to FL!
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ