Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ICOM IC-A210, any experience?

Default Re: ICOM IC-A210, any experience?

David,

Thank you for the info! I have now heard both great and not-so-great reviews on the ICOM tech support. How is the sound quality and intercom set up? Did you use the aux imputs at all? Any setting on the display to help with the sun issues?

Dustin
    Dustin
    915is/AP430 powered Kitfox SS7

I didn't use the aux inputs. the intercome took a lot of trial adjustments and is now working fine. not much you can do about the display with the sun.
    David McCormick
    Kitfox Classic IV powered by Jabiru 2200
    Based at Jersey Shore, Pa P96

Would anybody have experienced feed back from strobes I've put filters in the wing tips but still get the feed back
    regards Rick

Filters in the wingtips will not help if your strobe power supply is in the fuselage. There are large voltage pulses that travel the length of the conductors to the strobe tubes. Shielded cable is normally used with the shield solidly grounded at the power supply end and not connected at the wingtip end.

I have this arrangement and don't have any audio interference from the strobes.

Maybe you're using self contained strobe systems in the wingtip. If so, a sketch of how you have them and the filters arranged would be useful.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Exclamation Re: ICOM IC-A210, any experience?

The strobes I have are self contained in wingtips have tried 4700 ul 16volt maybe have to go to larger voltage filter

I'd go back to your strobe vendor with your installation details and symptoms. I'm sure they've run into this issue before.

You may not need a bigger filter, but one designed for higher frequency or hopefully none at all.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med