Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Tachometer reading

Default Tachometer reading

I have a Rotax 912 with a Dynon Skyview. RPM is OK until the top end where it stops increasing at 4800. 1 wire from Rotax 912 ULS trigger coil goes to ground. The other wire is connected to the EMS white/green wire with no resistor in line. PULS/REV is set to 1.00. Engine type is set to Rotax 912. Tried the white/blue wire and reconfigured the Skyview = no difference. Reinstalled latest software 3.3.2 AND the sensor update from May 2012. No help. Dynon says " we've never heard of this."

Default Re: Tachometer reading

A silly question, maybe, but is there a chance you're only making 4800 rpm?

Have you hooked up a secondary check tachometer?
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

At this point there is no silly question. The tach gauge and "engine sound level" is increasing as I push in the throttle. The gauge stops at 4800 (at about the correct sounding RPM), I keep pushing in the throttle and I can hear the engine making more RPM.

Maybe solved. I borrowed a prop tach counter. All RPM's were right on and then I hit 4,800 and no more RPM. I re-pitched the prop (IVO) flatter and I was able to get max RPM.