Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2018

Default Re: Oshkosh 2018

Well, I was really hoping to have the plane done in time but I just don't think it is going to happen in time with out too much rushing and I definitely don't want to be rushing.

I've conceded that I will be airlining to KORD and renting a car and driving up to camp at KOSH. I wouldn't mind camping around some people I somewhat know so let me know if anyone minds if I throw a tent on their lot!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

If you're "tenting" we've got plenty of room and it's cheap. Just need to pay to park the rental car for the time you're there...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Larry, that would be amazing! I’ll most likely take you up on that!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

EAA's Airventure Airshow schedule shows Kyle flying the Speedster during the Monday and Sunday airshows.

Rick

Is anyone flying their Kitfox into Airventure and not landing on the grass strip? If so, why? Thanks, Ken
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Just trying to get a feel for advantages and disadvantages of both parking areas.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Visa is granted, flights are booked, luggage is halved and cash is doubled
    Some 120 South Africans are on our way!!!
    I am definitely in a group of about 7 Kitfox enthusiasts who will be spending our time picking brains and talking short airfield stuff.
    Hope to be a lurker at the Kitfox stand, Marvel Schebler, IVO, Warp drive and Desser Tyres, amongst others.

Would like to chat to Trent Palmer about that roll in his intro, too...

Wannafly (Mic), are you going to be their with Nancy?

Let's get a group of Kitfoxers doing the Runway 5km fun run/walk??

See you all soon!
    Reid
    Attached Images Attached Images

Once you fly into Oshkosh are you "stuck" there until you depart? If you wanted to go up to fly for an hour or so is that an option?

I've never been to AirVenture before, and I know there are lots of airshows and arrivals and departures, so I was just wondering how things work.

I really want to be able to call myself a Kitfox owner, but until I get to sit in one and fly in one I don't think it's a good idea to throw down the cash. For me it's a 14 hour drive, but if I could get even a short test flight out of it I'm probably going to make the trip there.

Wink Re: Oshkosh 2018

Plaid Avenger,

Typically planes arrive and depart from OSH. It isn't easy to go out and do a demo flight. Most of the display planes are "land locked" for the week, unless they are part of the airshow. The exception would be if there is somebody with a Kitfox parked at the ultralight field that was willing to give you a ride (early morning or late in the evening).

If you can attend then you can spend all the time you need at the Kitfox display; sitting in the planes, asking all the questions you have, etc. There will be lots of Kitfox owners there too; make sure you talk with some of us too, and we will have you sold on the Kitfox in no time.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

PaupaPilot,

Thank you for the reply! That's what I thought, I figured it would be a big pain in the backside to dig a plane out once it was parked.

I'd still like to make the trek to AirVenture, so I can see, touch, and sit in a Kitfox.

My mind is already pretty much sold on a Kitfox, I just have to make sure my body will be on board too (I'm 6'4 and a bit wider than I'd prefer, so I want to make sure I'd be plenty comfortable).

I also love the idea of being able to chat in person with some of you experienced Kitfox folks. I'm sure there's lots of things a lot of you would know from your experience that I wouldn't know to even ask about.

Thanks again!