Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wanted: taildragger lessons

Default Wanted: taildragger lessons

Hey everyone
    As I am nearing the completion of my Avid MK4 I would like to find someone willing to instruct me on Tailwheel. All of my experience is with tri-gear cessnas and a challenger. Of course I'd be paying for the instruction. I am in search of someone with a Kitfox, avid flyer or similar type aircraft. i am in southwestern Ontario and am able to cross into Michigan of there is anyone there.
    Thanks in advance
    Matt

Default Re: Wanted: taildragger lessons

Quote Originally Posted by fusionfab View Post
    Hey everyone
    As I am nearing the completion of my Avid MK4 I would like to find someone willing to instruct me on Tailwheel. All of my experience is with tri-gear cessnas and a challenger. Of course I'd be paying for the instruction. I am in search of someone with a Kitfox, avid flyer or similar type aircraft. i am in southwestern Ontario and am able to cross into Michigan of there is anyone there.
    Thanks in advance
    Matt
    Well if you were in Alberta I could help you. Just finished my paperwork to make it all legal. The Challenger time will help a lot as it is a very rudder dominant aircraft. The Cessna time will hurt. I just finished a guy that had Cessna time and it was a real challenge to get him to soften up his rudder work.
    Good Luck It is real easy once you get it but some find it hard to get there.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Hope you dont mind my jumping in on this thread, but i have the same request only im in florida. Been 12 yrs since i owned a champ and im feeling a little rusty.

Ken, I just got into town yesterday, and haven't even been to the airport yet. You are more than welcome to fly mine any time you want.

Give me some time to get back into it and we'll get together. I'm sure that you will do a better job of flying my plane than I do.

Louie

My insurance agent just told me i need 3 hrs of dual in make and model.

Will my Model III meet the requirement? Do you know an instructor that will use my plane to get the hours for you?

I will get busy and get it ready to fly within the next week. You are more than welcome to use it as much as you need.

I'll let you know when it is ready.

Louie

Very generous Louie!

Matt, i hope you find someone as generous in your neck of the woods. Sorry i hijacked your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vetdrem View Post
    Will my Model III meet the requirement? Do you know an instructor that will use my plane to get the hours for you?

I will get busy and get it ready to fly within the next week. You are more than welcome to use it as much as you need.

I'll let you know when it is ready.

Louie
    I appreciate the offer Louie, is your plane in Michigan or Florida? If Michigan then I will search for an instructor. But I think the chances are slim. I had someone call me yesterday from close by. An aerobatic pilot but would teach in my plane. Being that my plane isn't ready I will check to see if he's interested in both of us driving your way.
    Again thanks

no worries Ken, we're after the same thing so works better.

I'm in Florida. If you get down here, give me a call.

Louie