Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 8 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

I love the photos keep them coming.

Earlier this month, looking north into Capay Valley, northern California. I'm still flying a club Cessna until my Model IV-1200 is finished!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Deer Valley to Indian Hills Airpark.
    Flight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 043.jpg
    I took the day off to visit with folks down from Minnesota and Iowa.
    Met up with Kevin and Tim at Indian Hills. Weather was perfect. No wind, painfully blue skies, temps in the 70's. Had to see Kevin's model 6 with the 7 firewall forward. Beautiful Kitfox inside and out. I recognized it right away as having been originally on amphib floats with a 914 turbo. Now sporting a more mild but quite capable 912S with conventional gear. Great set up for his private grass strip back in Northern Iowa. Congrats. Kevin.

Flight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 138.jpgFlight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 047.jpg
    Tim & Barb from Blue Earth, MN, own a beautiful place on Indian Hills Airpark. Tim not long ago completed a gorgeous Super Cub. We decided that lunch would happen about 40 miles west at Quartsite,AZ. Off we go as a 3 ship for food and site seeing. Got some nice air to air photos. We were met at the little airstrip by a local name of Rocky. Rocky drove us to the good cafe 3 miles down the road and later gave us a tour of what can only be described as the largest privately owned collection of interesting automobiles in the US. There were no kidding, thousands of cars and trucks scattered in various yards and various states of repair or disrepair. What a great day. Airplanes, food and some of the most collectable of all Americana on wheels I've ever seen. Thanks Rocky.
    Flight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 092.jpgFlight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 063.jpg

Back to Indian Hills for some hangar talk and fresh brownies and lemonade. Thanks Barb.
    Indian Hills is one of those rare places where aviation is practiced in a most relaxing and enjoyable way. If there is a formula for fun flying it is proven here and should be duplicated as much as possible. I always feel at home and hate to leave. Yes, I know the secret. It's the people. It always is. Airplanes are everywhere and so are runways.
    Flight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 066.jpg
    Flight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 071.jpgFlight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 083.jpg
    Dave Kennedy lives a couple open hangar doors down from Tim and Barb and spent the day Kitfoxing with Kevin. He owns a PA-12 SuperCruiser that looks like factory new and a spectacular hangar/home where he is working on a Murphy Rebel. Lots of building going on here. Great to meet and fly with Dave. Oh, and after his first flight in a Kitfox, we may have a new convert.
    Flight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 039.jpgFlight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 029.jpg
    Flight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 033.jpgFlight to Indian Hills and Quartzite 2-4-13 034.jpg
    Well guys. Hope you're not sick of the photos. Wish you all could have sat in the hangar with us, soaking up the Arizona sun for an afternoon. I hope you can feel the warmth from the photos.
    Talking airplanes and drinking lemonade is a great way to spend a day.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Oh yeah, now that's some kind of good living!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Let's not forget that winter isn't always bad. I have had a lot of good days of play this winter.

Ski1.jpg
    This is on Upper Twin Lake in north Idaho. Almost glare conditions.

Ski.jpg
    This is a tight little lake called Power Lake in NE Washington up in the mountains by 49 degrees North, ski resort.

I think this year's weather has not been as good as past winters, but I have still had a bunch of good days. I have put 20 hours on skis so far this winter.
    You can see more pictures of our fun in my Ski photo album; there are also a few new ones in my Formation album.

I enjoy the warm too, but I will not give up my ski flying.
    Kelly

Nice post Kelly & DesertFox4. Thanks for sharing. Keeps up builders motivated!

Kevin, I see ya got it on wheels and flying. Looks like you had a good trip to the southwestern US. The Kitfox looks great. Congrats.

Fooey

Landing on Alton Bay NH, sheer ice. Landing was no problem, turning around to back taxi took some finesse ��
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Way cool Dorsal.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

This was taken about three years ago, but gives another perspective of where Dorsal landed. The cleared area to the left of the runway was for the Alton Bay Winter Carnival Bed Race - an annual event, weather (and ice) permitting!

IMG_2443 sm.jpg
    RobS