Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox IV utility

Default Re: Kitfox IV utility

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Eddie, all my spare time is dedicated to building my new model 7 Super Sport so odds of any trip for any reason is slim until it is finished. Sorry. I love taking folks on Kitfox flights. If Phoenix is in your immediate destinations future, please let me know and I will make it happen.

Heed Norm's warning Eddie. One flight usually does it.
    Wouldn't take much as Im looking for an excuse to get one anyways! No, i was thinking it's give me a good excuse to fly out to Phoenix if you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Welcome aboard Eddie from Loma Linda, not to be confused with Eddie from Yorba Linda. (thats me).
    If your in the OC feel free to stop by and check out my SS fixing to get covered.
    Eddie
    Those SS are awesome plane but out of my price range to buy. It's be fun to come down sometime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Etp View Post
    That is every useful information.... (snip, snip) I was talking to one IA who has worked on a few and he was saying he really likes a model IV with a O-200 modified to put out 115-120hp which really turns it into a rocket ship!
    I find that IA's comment interesting as I've been around these planes since their inception in the 80's but have never seen a Kitfox with an 0-200 for power. I admittedly have heard of a few, but kinda think if they worked as good as he described we wouldn't be putting up with the price or complexity of the 912 Rotax.

The Kitfox 4 really was not designed for the weight of a Continental. If that is a desire you need a Model 5 or newer.

But if you want a real hotrod Kitfox 4, just put a 100 hp 912 in it. Or go really crazy and do a 914 or a hopped up 912s turboed to 140 hp. You take a 650 lb Kitfox 4 with that much horsepower and that little weight and you will probably have an airplane that would either blow most people's mind, or maybe scare them

Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
    I find that IA's comment interesting as I've been around these planes since their inception in the 80's but have never seen a Kitfox with an 0-200 for power. I admittedly have heard of a few, but kinda think if they worked as good as he described we wouldn't be putting up with the price or complexity of the 912 Rotax.

The Kitfox 4 really was not designed for the weight of a Continental. If that is a desire you need a Model 5 or newer.

But if you want a real hotrod Kitfox 4, just put a 100 hp 912 in it. Or go really crazy and do a 914 or a hopped up 912s turboed to 140 hp. You take a 650 lb Kitfox 4 with that much horsepower and that little weight and you will probably have an airplane that would either blow most people's mind, or maybe scare them

It is a lot of weight. Haven't heard of a 140hp 912. Seems like longevity would be an issue with that much power. Would make an awesome mountain plane!

A Zipper 1417 is good for 135 hp if you like a turbo.

A Zipper 1622 High Power is good for 120 without a turbo.

The Zippers have become proven, reliable mods to the 912 series engines.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos