Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Aluminum lift Strut fairings

Default Aluminum lift Strut fairings

I had a couple people ask about the aluminum strut fairings that I have. A friend of mine gave me these aluminum slip on fairings. She opted to use the PVC ones and was kind enough to give these to me. (Thanks again Margaret) I think she got them for the Kitfox but I am not sure. Anyway, they clip on with pretty good force and I am planning on using Hysol to glue them in place. I'll finish the lead edge and joint with bondo or Super Fil to make a smooth finish. I am betting that a sheet metal shop could fabricate these fairly easy. The pipe in the picture is PVC used to simulate the lift strut. The best part is they weigh 1.6 pounds each. Here are some pics.

Picture 080r.jpg

Picture 082r.jpg

Picture 085r.jpg

Picture 090r.jpg

Default Re: Aluminum lift Strut fairings

That aluminum looks like trailing edge stock you can buy from ACS.

Jim

It sure does Jim. I am not sure where my friend got it from. The trailing edge from ACS shows to be 1 1/4". The stuff I have is about 3 1/2". Maybe it's trailing edge form a different supplier?

I used the same fairings on my series 5 . At that time , round about 1999, there was a supplier known as Accipiter Aviation that sold aftermarket Kitfox add ons and this was one of there products. They worked great and were lighter than the PVC fairings. Bruce Lina N199CL