Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips / advice needed for first time buyer interested in buying a used kitfox 5

Default Re: Tips / advice needed for first time buyer interested in buying a used kitfox 5

Hello again,

Crucible like to say thank you to everyone for your reply’s advice and opinions.

Secondly, I’m so impressed by as do you have fast I am getting responses on this. Just goes to show how inspiring it is to become part of this aviation community.

I’ll let you know if I get some more information on it to help make a decision on taking the next step to go check it out.

Again, thank you for all your help and bye for now.

Jeff

Default Re: Tips / advice needed for first time buyer interested in buying a used kitfox 5

Hi,

So I made a mistake. It is a rotax 582

Not a 532.

But none the less, it will need to be replaced with something in the 100hp range.

So, with that said, I should expect needing the appropriate motor mount and plan for for that cost.

Or does going to a 912 or 914 need a different motor mount since it is still a rotax?

Waiting on some pics of the wings and elevator as well as some others to hopefully post shortly

What,

A firewall forward kit with the motor mount for a 4 stroke rotax plus cowls and everything else you need is around $5k FYI
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

I reall have my doubts that this is a model 5.
    Even if it is a 1400 lb gross model 5, 65 hp would make it a real sluggish performer.
    Check it out real carefully.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

If you want to change the motor, from a 582 to a 912 series, you will need a totally different firewall forward, including the engine mount, engine, exhaust, coolant radiator, oil cooler, cowling, engine instruments, instrument sensors and wiring , likely a new throttle , starter carb cable setup and most likely a new panel for the dash.

It is do able , but not a plug and play scenario.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW