Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frame color

Default Re: Frame color

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRuscito View Post
    Im contemplating this same decision. Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences with a grey frame? Im thinking it might be a compromise between less windshield reflections but not too dark to hide rust/cracks.
    Hi Joe , the tubing framework on my Series 5 is a light grey powdercoat and I have never had any issues with glare or reflections . Bruce N199CL

Hey Terry and Bruce thanks for the reply. Bruce is yours flat grey or glossy?

Joe its a glossy grey, Bruce

I have a white frame with cockpit tubes painted black. It was easy enough to do. I didn't actually plan it this way, bit realized too late that I didn't specify the frame color. As it turns out, I think I will have the best of both worlds. I will say that white tubes in front of the windshield will definitely relflect strongly on the windshield, especially at certain sun angles.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

When I bought mine (from previous builder) the frame was a dark gloss grey. It wasn't done very well either. (not from factory). I had it re done in a glossy white even though I'm doing a black exterior. Number one reason is a builder of 21 planes said you will indeed spot issues much faster (rust coming though etc). Especially in the areas covered and hard to reach for inspections (think into the back of the fuselage. I'm going to paint the cockpit areas black to match my color scheme, but they are all areas where up close inspection are easy to do.

My 2 cents. No refunds.