Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Southeast Alaska bound

Default Southeast Alaska bound

I am headed off to Juneau from Seattle on Friday August 6th for 10 days. The bad news for this group is that it will be in a Beaver on floats. The Kitfox will be staying home.

Ketchikan, Juneau, Petersburg, and Sitka will be our bases of operations.

It should be a good trip; help me pray for good weather for at least some of the days. It is Fogust, after all. You know, the month after July.

KellyP1020093.jpg

Default Re: Southeast Alaska bound

The weather was great! Cloudy but workable in Juneau, but then clear skies while in Sitka. The trip up was work, but the trip home was clear and a million. 35 hours total.

P1020541.jpg
    Antler Lake - Hanging Glacier

P1000974.jpg
    Turner Lake - Fishing

P1020585.jpg
    Tied to the back of an 82' boat. Fresh Crab and Smoked Salmon were the reward.

Default Re: Southeast Alaska bound

Kelly, thanks for the reminder. I lived in Ketchikan and Juneau for over 8 years. Had plenty of time 'in' Beavers and Otters but no stick time. I still have family there so we go back over other year. I've flown that route several times, but never in my Kitfox. Guess it's time...
    Mark & Renee Smith
    Boise, ID
    "Build It ..."