Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Default ellectrial problems ?? ads-b??

Default Default ellectrial problems ?? ads-b??

hello flying kitfox 7 with 912uls, lost charging system today. did test on yellow wires and have 3vac shuld be 20+.. Question can I simply abandon internal charging system and install a external generator from lockwood,,

also I installed the avionics echouat with skyfx , reciving very well not transmitting... ??? I think it is set up to sniff garman 320a any thoughts..

Default Re: ellectrial problems ?? ads-b??

You can definitely just run an external alternator. Is the regulator fried? I’m not sure where you are testing from.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

tested from (G) to gnd 3vac ( both g's) started engine checked (G) to ground ( both yellow wires) continuity test was 3 ohms should be less than 1 ?

You should be measuring AC from yellow to yellow. Try first with the engine running and regulator connected. If you only get 3V then, try disconnecting the regulator and measure again. Measuring yellow to ground won't give much useful information. Simplest and most likely causes are wiring problems like bad connections or broken conductors inside the wire's insulation due to constant flexing.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med