Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trim sensor and skyview

Default Trim sensor and skyview

Hello, I am having an issue trying to wire a trim position sensor (from Kitfox) to work with a Dynon skyview. The installation sheet only tells where to put the wires with a independent indicator display. From Kitfoxs sheet the only sure info is that the white wire is the sweeper. my dynon does not recognize the ways I have tried wiring it so far. The McBeans are Oshkosh bound so no help there. Dynon only seems to be interested in Ray Allen sensors so no help there.. If there is someone who has wired a Kitfox sensor to a skyview I could use some help.

Default Re: Trim sensor and skyview

what make/part number is the sensor?

OK just re-read your post... slower this time.
    Have you tried 12v on one side, ground the other and connect the "sweeper" to your sensor input on the EMS?
    Any chance you can post a copy of the instructions?
    Last edited by jmodguy; 07-19-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

I believe Airfox installed a Kitfox trim sensor kit to an Advanced Flight Systems panel. I believe the AFS and the Skyview are very similar. Maybe he will weigh in with some help.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I used the AFS trim sensor. Not sure how the independent sensor connects to the Dynons skyview. I imagine the Dynons manual gives some references to various sensors. Good luck.

Thanks everyone, I have tried the obvious. I have reversed the other two wires and no luck. I have had to replace two temp sensors that came with the rotax motor because the dynon would not recognize them. Was hoping someone has done this before and might have a tip on how they did it. Dynon instructions are for the Ray Allen sensor specifically and nothing on anything different.

My trim sensor has 3 wires - WHT/BLU, WHT/ORN, WHT/GRN. WHT/BLU ties to trim power used by all position sensors. WHT/ORN ties to ground used by all position sensors. WHT ties to elevator trim sensor on the Efis. I have Advanced Flight Systems 5800 EFIS and I'm using the trim sensor from AFS. Not sure if this info is useful? Good luck.
    Scott

Have you talked directly with Dynon? Of course they are at Oshkosh too.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Thanks again, the sensor from Kitfox has a white/orange, blue/white, and white it honestly never occurred to me that the wht/orange is the ground. I will try that as soon as I get back from Osh. Leaving in the morning for my yearly fix.