Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Ads-b ????

Default Ads-b ????

Need some info from you avionics guru's. I have a Becker BXP-6401 transponder (mode A,C,S), A Dynon D-100 EFIS with blind encoder. From what I can surmise, I need a WAAS capable GPS that can tie it all together to get ADS-B. Is this correct or am I missing something???

Thanks,
    Dick B

Default Re: Ads-b ????

Yes, you need a WAAS capable GPS, but there are a lot of options. The lowest cost option might be to use the Dynon SV-GPS-2020 GPS Receiver/Antenna with the Becker transponder to gain your ads-b out capability which is the 2020 mandate.

Ads-b in to get weather and traffic is a different kettle of fish. There are many options, but they may not display on your D100.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Default Re: Ads-b ????

Garmin just announced the "GTX 335 and GTX 345 all-in-one ADS-B transponders, which include Extended Squitter (ES) ADS-B “Out” with an option for a built-in WAAS position source as well as dual-link ADS-B “In.” With the most compatibility options in the industry, these new transponders display on a wide variety of current and legacy Garmin displays, including select G1000® integrated flight decks.

Regardless of the existing avionics configuration, the GTX 345 enables more capabilities for pilots by displaying ADS-B traffic, subscription-free weather¹, GPS position data and back-up attitude information within popular apps such as Garmin Pilot™ and ForeFlight Mobile via Connext® wireless technology.

The GTX 335/345 come in an attractive size and form factor, making it easy to replace the most popular transponders in the industry, like the Garmin GTX 327 and many others. Remote options are also available for compatibility with the GTN™ 650/750 series and G1000-equipped aircraft.”

“The new GTX 335/345 will be available later this month, starting at $2,589 for the standard ADS-B out model.”

John McBean is a Garmin distributor.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas