Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 912iS wiring

Default Re: 912iS wiring

I have a G3X but it is likely the same functionality. I had red Xs until I powered up with the Lane A and Lane B switches. All my instruments then came on line and gave me numbers.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Power up with the start battery and they will go away.

I must be missing something. I wasn’t able to make the X’s go away. When I turn on the start power, Both Lane lights illuminate and then go off after a few seconds, but the red X’s remain. Dynon tech services didn’t get back with me today. Hoping to hear from them tomorrow.
    Thanks for the input
    John

Have you completed the set up of your Dynon EFIS i.e entered the serial number, allowed it to map the components etc? We had a bunch of Xs on the RV8 I've just tested and they went away once we'd completed the Dynon setup as per their manual.

Thanks for the response. As far as I know I have entered all the necessary info, and have configured the system. I’ve downloaded the files and rebooted the system. I don’t think the HDX can see the sensor signals. On the mapping page of the EMS sensors, no 912iS CAN sensors appear.

John

Can you go into the setup menu and tell it to automatically map the sensors? If not, try manually assigning them to the relevant pins.

Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment but I'm sitting in an airport lounge and don't have access to the Dynon manuals. It was very easy with the Lycoming IO-360 but I realise the 912iS is a bit 'unusual'. However, there are plenty of the same arrangements flying and if your wires are plugged in from the CAN bus then the Dynon will be able to see them.....it might just take a bit of persuasion.

Please have a look at the mapping section and see how to manually assign the pins if it won't pick it up automatically.

I’ve looked in the pin mapping menu, the problem is I can see the C37 pins and the C25 pins, but I can’t see the CAN pins. They come into the EMS on the C37 connector on pins 36 and 37 and these pins cannot be manually set. They can be seen on the sensor debugging menu, but all the CAN sensors have zero’s and nan. The 912iS data all comes in through 2 pins and the Dynon somehow is supposed to know what to do with it. My system is not able to see any data input. I’m stalled out until Dynon support gets back to me. They must have a holiday back log , because I haven’t heard from them yet. Thanks for your interest in my situation.
    John

I just heard from Dynon. He thinks I may have a problem with my EMS module.
    I may have to send it in for testing. I’ll post again when I have more info.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    I just heard from Dynon. He thinks I may have a problem with my EMS module.
    I may have to send it in for testing. I’ll post again when I have more info.
    Any new news or developments on this?

Dynon had me send the EMS module in for testing. It arrived at their facility on Monday. I haven’t heard from them yet, but got an email from UPS notifying me that a package is headed my way from Dynon.