Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vortex Generator position VG

Default Re: Vortex Generator position VG

You know what, I enjoyed this build a bit too much I think. I am certainly not demonstrating the same drive to get it flying as you all well have noticed. I am not yet ready in my piloting skills now that I have not flown since April. Winter may delay me from flying with Paul so Im not rushing. I may need to get a check out in a Citabria down here in Southern CA where the weather is great for flying year round except winds. I have left a few things on my plane that will be done in the future. I like the thought of having the set up I have and will add Vortex generators, T3 tailwheel, in flight adjustable prop for some fun tinkering at a later date. I need to get my but flying so I am comfortable with the first flight.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

You know, Ed, it's such a beautiful build, with the fuel injection, 3 blade prop, and that G3X... IMHO, it would be a shame if you couldn't at least get 40 hours on it before Ohio. Or at least fly solo logging some hours to Copper State, in Feb. But, what do I know.... your plane, your schedule. It's a beautiful build. So good, your boy is asking for it already in your will / trust fund!!!! LOL!

After watching Bryan’s vid I will be putting them on before 1st flight!
    Thanks Bryan for validating their worth!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Sorry, Lost track of what thread this was back there. Shouldn't of hi-jacked it.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Stolspeed and Vortex Generator vanes for the leading edge, 2" back to lower your stall speed of plane under prop power. Not quite as effective dead sticking, so I have read.