Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Garmin G3X, Rotax 912 Sensor kit, silicon, zener diodes, and resistor

Default Garmin G3X, Rotax 912 Sensor kit, silicon, zener diodes, and resistor

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone might have some field application photos they can share for the G3X, "Sub-assembly, external component kit for Rotax 912 rpm, and oil pressure senders.

Garmin PT#(K00-00514-00 G3X engine Sensor Kit, Rotax 912)

I called tech support and they were very helpful as to where they are identified in the install manual, but not how to field install behind the unit. See page 486 in the manual, see note 12.

I'd like to learn how to best install per the application, including how to test polarity, or face the silicon/zener diodes, and resistor, the proper direction per the pin references on the manual.

Any information on how to, or pics of the install is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    N928M
    Mike
    West Chicago, IL
    Kitfox 5 Speedster, building
    912ULS, Airmaster 332

Default Re: Garmin G3X, Rotax 912 Sensor kit, silicon, zener diodes, and resistor

I bought the 912 engine instrument install kit like you did. Did not end up using it. I need to put it up for sale as I needed different sensors with a turbo. Anyhow......I called stein air and they sell the resistors for the rpm signal and for the oil pressure sensor. They have them installed on a pcb which makes them much easier to install inline. Just an idea
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Default Re: Garmin G3X, Rotax 912 Sensor kit, silicon, zener diodes, and resistor

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinFish N928M View Post
    Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone might have some field application photos they can share for the G3X, "Sub-assembly, external component kit for Rotax 912 rpm, and oil pressure senders.

Garmin PT#(K00-00514-00 G3X engine Sensor Kit, Rotax 912)

I called tech support and they were very helpful as to where they are identified in the install manual, but not how to field install behind the unit. See page 486 in the manual, see note 12.

I'd like to learn how to best install per the application, including how to test polarity, or face the silicon/zener diodes, and resistor, the proper direction per the pin references on the manual.

Any information on how to, or pics of the install is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Thanks Dustin!

Being a novice to this wiring task, pcb meaning... personal control board?
    N928M
    Mike
    West Chicago, IL
    Kitfox 5 Speedster, building
    912ULS, Airmaster 332

PCB = printed circuit board
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime