Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: *Expert Level* Avionics Wiring Videos

Default *Expert Level* Avionics Wiring Videos

I came across a series of professional "How-To" videos by Michael Bunting at Trident Technical College in South Carolina. The videos are long and detailed, covering a lot of useful techniques for the homebuilder. Of course he demonstrates using expensive professional level tools, but most how-to's can be adapted with more economical tools.

Topics covered are advanced soldering, splicing shielded cable, BNC terminations, MS connectors and pins and others. Check out the YouTube channel if you want to up your game.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...h47ZzB44aY0j_g
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Default Re: *Expert Level* Avionics Wiring Videos

Excellent!! I'm a few months away from wiring my panel. These videos are exactly what I need.

Good basic instructional video. The connector kit 'DMC' that he is using cost about $11,000.00, I had to find cheaper ways to do the same thing and get same results for my project SS7. Other tools are available and affordable.

Dick B

Here's one of the more affordable tools to crimp small turret terminals like the ones used in the D-sub connectors on Garmin radios. I wouldn't be happy if my avionics tech was using these, but they worked for me with some testing and close inspection of the results.
    http://www.bandc.biz/d-submachinedpincrimptool.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med