Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Thanks Steve

Default Thanks Steve

Back on the air as Speedster 7 thanks to DesertFox4...thanks Steve for the help!
    I’ve got my password in a safe place, I’ll try not to forget it this time .
    All I have to do is figure out how to maneuver myself around the website. My name is Larry Spear a rookie at building airplanes! I’ve been working on my S7 speedster since April when I took delivery at the factory in Homedale. it’s been a real learning experience, sometimes very frustrating... One thing I have learned is patients. After retiring from the airlines in 2014, I decided it was time to build an airplane. Building and flying are two very separate endeavors, The former characterizes frustration on my part anyway and the latter characterizes enjoying what you’re doing and having fun while you’re doing it. Anyway looking forward to getting to know some of you atTeamKitfox. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions for you experienced builders of airplanes.
    Larry Spear, AKA...Speedster 7
    Last edited by Speedster 7; 10-13-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Default Re: Thanks Steve

Happy to assist Larry and welcome. Enjoy the Speedster build.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Welcome, Larry. You're gonna LOVE that Speedster! Sounds like there's some similarity in our backgrounds. I'm retired 2010 QX and built a 7SS 4 1/2 years ago. I built it for something to do and had no idea how much FUN it would be to fly. You are in one of the most beautiful areas of WA. Is there a strip near Kettle Falls you'll be using? I'm at Desert Aire, WA about an hour and a half away. You'll find the answers to any question you might have here. Enjoy the build!

Thanks Floog, I’m about 30 miles north of Colville Washington (63S)... on 40 acres overlooking Lake Roosevelt, unfortunately putting a strip in my property would be a large undertaking. I’ll be using Colville for my phase 1 flight testing. I’m at the point of mounting the flapperons on the wings, unfortunately I have to move the airplane outside to mount the wings on the fuselage because my shop is not large enough which is a real pain... need to swing the wings so I can mark the root ribs. My wife and 16-year-old son have been Good helpers when needed but it would be nice to have someone with experience around to lend a hand once in awhile too. Looking forward to the flying part, like you said, it’ll be a lot of fun. I have quite a bit of tail wheel time...did a lot of ag-flying back in the 70’s before I got hired by the airlines and owned a Cessna 140, but that’s been 30+ years ago. Take care Floog, thanks for the welcome! Speedster 7

I'm just a few miles north of you Speedster 7

wouldn't mind checking out your build, I'm thinking about doing one myself.

sending PM