Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no medical consequenses

Default Re: no medical consequenses

Since I apparently crossed a line, let me try again.

Is driving with a suspended drivers license ok? Yes, the odds of injuring or killing an innocent person in a plane is less than in a car but I cant justify either one. The way I read the above comments about rebelling against the rules, if enough people drove cars without a license their actions could influence a change in the law.

I have afib and have a third class medical. It costs me a bunch of money every year to renew it so I guess i am more sensitive to read about cheaters that ignore the rules. I am going to let it lapse this year and stay LSA unless the proposed rule passes.

[quote=TahoeTim;46796]Since I apparently crossed a line, let me try again.

The way I read the above comments about rebelling against the rules, if enough people drove cars without a license their actions could influence a change in the law.

And yes, the motor vehicle laws have changed, because of the number of unlicensed drivers in Nevada. Undocumented aliens can now get a drivers license.

However my original question had nothing to do with debating whether a third class medical certificate is necessary or not, nor was it intended to start a rebellion confessional. I merely wanted to know if anyone had first hand knowledge of someone being penalized for not having one.

My comment about my friend was from years ago, long before sport pilot. So since we now have sport pilot that allows us to fly without a medical, there would be only one reason people would fly an LSA illegally. That would be if they were a private pilot that lost their medical before they voluntarily stopped going for medicals.

And I think that is a SNAFU that needs to be fixed. If you are a private pilot and fail a medical, then you can't fly anything except a part 103 ultralight.

But if you were an Ultralight pilot that earned a Sport Pilot license and had never in your life seen an aeromedical examiner, they can never stop you from flying your LSA. It is completely your call to decide whether or not you are medically fit to fly, as long as you have a valid automobile drivers license. That to me hardly seems fair to the guy that has the Private Pilot license. I think he too should be able to make his own call as to whether or not he is medically fit to fly his LSA, as long as he has a valid drivers license.

Hopefully the FAA will fix that problem when they eliminate the PPL medical.

I've always thought that only professional pilots for hire should need medicals (like professional truck drivers). That would be the simplest, most effective way to resolve any concerns about recreational pilot medicals. At least that's my take on it...

Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
    My comment about my friend was from years ago, long before sport pilot. So since we now have sport pilot that allows us to fly without a medical, there would be only one reason people would fly an LSA illegally. That would be if they were a private pilot that lost their medical before they voluntarily stopped going for medicals.

And I think that is a SNAFU that needs to be fixed. If you are a private pilot and fail a medical, then you can't fly anything except a part 103 ultralight.

But if you were an Ultralight pilot that earned a Sport Pilot license and had never in your life seen an aeromedical examiner, they can never stop you from flying your LSA. It is completely your call to decide whether or not you are medically fit to fly, as long as you have a valid automobile drivers license. That to me hardly seems fair to the guy that has the Private Pilot license. I think he too should be able to make his own call as to whether or not he is medically fit to fly his LSA, as long as he has a valid drivers license.

Hopefully the FAA will fix that problem when they eliminate the PPL medical.

I've always thought that only professional pilots for hire should need medicals (like professional truck drivers). That would be the simplest, most effective way to resolve any concerns about recreational pilot medicals. At least that's my take on it...
    This makes perfect logical sense. Hope our governing bodies can have some of that.
    Kurt A

Kitfox II,
    Rotax 912,
    1100 gross
    Fixer Upper Project

To me the simple fact that the president of the united states just decided to make millions of people that illegally entered our country "LEGAL" says it all. He took it upon himself (ironically, without the legal, or constitutional right) to make them all legal rather than to do anything to them.

So if you compare that action to this scenario, it would be beyond ludicrous if the FAA would make any serious issue over one of us citizens flying our little putt putt airplanes around because we didn't have one proper form in our pocket.

And again, I'm not advocating we break laws. I personally have no reason to do any of that. But you have to admit when our president illegally legalizes millions of people that came into our country illegally, it's almost laughable we are having this discussion.

The illegal immigrants being legalized proves they will change laws for violators.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeTim View Post
    Since I apparently crossed a line, let me try again.

Is driving with a suspended drivers license ok? Yes, the odds of injuring or killing an innocent person in a plane is less than in a car but I cant justify either one. The way I read the above comments about rebelling against the rules, if enough people drove cars without a license their actions could influence a change in the law.

I have afib and have a third class medical. It costs me a bunch of money every year to renew it so I guess i am more sensitive to read about cheaters that ignore the rules. I am going to let it lapse this year and stay LSA unless the proposed rule passes.

On point. They don't look at the end results, they don't care about the Rule of Law.

Quote Originally Posted by av8rps View Post
    To me the simple fact that the president of the united states just decided to make millions of people that illegally entered our country "LEGAL" says it all. He took it upon himself (ironically, without the legal, or constitutional right) to make them all legal rather than to do anything to them.

So if you compare that action to this scenario, it would be beyond ludicrous if the FAA would make any serious issue over one of us citizens flying our little putt putt airplanes around because we didn't have one proper form in our pocket.

And again, I'm not advocating we break laws. I personally have no reason to do any of that. But you have to admit when our president illegally legalizes millions of people that came into our country illegally, it's almost laughable we are having this discussion.

The illegal immigrants being legalized proves they will change laws for violators.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Getting into politics now guys which usually almost always turns to angry posts and hostile responses. Don't make me wear my moderators hat.
    I hate that hat!

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I'm not surprised that no one can cite an example of someone being prosecuted for flying without a medical. I'm guessing it's not that common, or it is kept quiet by those that get caught.

But for the record, I think this is a good discussion for us in the aviation community to have. Some of these things should probably be said more often.

Quote Originally Posted by 896tr View Post

However my original question had nothing to do with debating whether a third class medical certificate is necessary or not, nor was it intended to start a rebellion confessional. I merely wanted to know if anyone had first hand knowledge of someone being penalized for not having one.

Geez, you have a tough job. You watch this thing like a hawk!

No need to bring out that hat, I'm done ranting now

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Getting into politics now guys which usually almost always turns to angry posts and hostile responses. Don't make me wear my moderators hat.
    I hate that hat!

No one mentioned a Political Party, or a Politician. The discussion are just discussing out of control Government Regulators.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas