Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Aluminum wing tanks

Default Aluminum wing tanks

Believe it or not I still have the original 6 gal aluminum wing tanks in my kitfox model 2. They are still in really good condition and have never leaked. However the fuel gauges have stopped working (actually have not worked since I bought the plane a year ago). They are the mechanical lever gauges that you can by from Spruce and made by Rochester Gauges. I am assuming that the magnets in them have lost their magnetism or have come loose. Has anyone ever tried to repair them or have them repaired? Is there a better way or different way to measure fuel in these old tanks? Not ready or willing at this point to spend the money and time to replace them with the fiberglass ones, since they still work well. Thought about using a glass piece in place of the gauge and us it as a sight gauge. any suggestions out there, other than replacing the tank. I can buy new gauges but curious if anyone know exactly how long to cut the lever rod. Don't want to do the in and out with the gauge and damage the mount holes.

Default Re: Aluminum wing tanks

I have a pair of the float gages new in the box(circa 1992). I will try to take a pic. tomorrow.
    Dutch

Dutch
    Email me with pics and price to dalords@cableone.net

Hi!

I have the same tanks with the gauges in my KF III and it works fine know. But when I bought the airplane, one gauge doesn't work. I remove the gauge, the mechanic was only jam over years of unuse. I solve the blockade and it's works for 80 hrs.
    Did you remove the gauge and have had a look at the mechanic?

Olaf

Dalords I emailed the info. to the email address. Did you recieve it?
    Dutch
    Last edited by Dutch; 01-07-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: error