Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New Member Team Kitfox

Default New Member Team Kitfox

I am a new Team KitFox member, but have owned and flown a KF IV since 1998. I presently fly out of N. Las Vegas Airport (VGT), having moved here since the recent closure of Rialto CA Airport (L67). I am sure there must be other KF flyers in the S. NV area and I would like to meet them.

Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    N598BM

Default Re: New Member Team Kitfox

Welcome, Mike. I'm sure you have all kinds of valuable experience and knowledge to share!

I believe we have several members in the south Nevada area.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Hi Mike, I'm down at Sky Ranch in Sandy Valley (3L2). I work up at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts near Bonneville and Grand Central Parkway. I'm up for a face to face, either at that end of the valley or you can come down here. Let me know.
    Steve

Thanks for the invite, I look forward to meeting you. I will send you a message sometime next month when I can get away for a little flight to your airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox Guy View Post
    I am a new Team KitFox member, but have owned and flown a KF IV since 1998. I presently fly out of N. Las Vegas Airport (VGT), having moved here since the recent closure of Rialto CA Airport (L67). I am sure there must be other KF flyers in the S. NV area and I would like to meet them.

Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    N598BM
    Very cool...I have a family home in Rancho Bel Air just down the road off Rancho/95 area (not too far from VGT). I also have a house in "The Lakes" that I am renting out...I usually get out to Vegas about once every other month.

Question for you...any good Airparks in Vegas or any new ones planned in the SW, W, or NW area of Vegas? Thanks!

Hey Chris, there are only two airparks that I know of near Las Vegas,
    Calvada Meadows airport (NV74) in Pahrump NV. about 75 miles from the strip and Sky Ranch airport in Sandy Valley NV. (where I live) about 40 miles from Tropicana Ave.

I don't know much about Calvada but I love it here at Sky Ranch.

Most lots are .4 acres. The most expensive place is listed at $1.2 Million.
    Very impressive two story house/hanger with 3 bedroom apartment in the upper section of the hanger. Mine was one of the lesser expensive places (no hanger but a two car garage that my Kitfox fits in just fine) at $60,000.
    The more expensive area is on the other side of the paved runway. Quite a few lots available still.

We also have a dirt runway that the conventional gear planes use.

I could keep going on but instead I will talk to anybody in person about our little slice of paradise.

My house is NOT a palace but is open to anyone looking for a place to sleep or use as a base to see the sights.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 896tr View Post
    Hey Chris, there are only two airparks that I know of near Las Vegas,
    Calvada Meadows airport (NV74) in Pahrump NV. about 75 miles from the strip and Sky Ranch airport in Sandy Valley NV. (where I live) about 40 miles from Tropicana Ave.

I don't know much about Calvada but I love it here at Sky Ranch.

Most lots are .4 acres. The most expensive place is listed at $1.2 Million.
    Very impressive two story house/hanger with 3 bedroom apartment in the upper section of the hanger. Mine was one of the lesser expensive places (no hanger but a two car garage that my Kitfox fits in just fine) at $60,000.
    The more expensive area is on the other side of the paved runway. Quite a few lots available still.

We also have a dirt runway that the conventional gear planes use.

I could keep going on but instead I will talk to anybody in person about our little slice of paradise.

My house is NOT a palace but is open to anyone looking for a place to sleep or use as a base to see the sights.

Steve
    Looks great (I saw a video on YouTube of a plane landing at your Airpark) - thanks for the info!