Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Happy Canada Day.

Default Happy Canada Day.

Wishing our Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day.

flag_canadian_maple_leaf.jpg

Long may she wave.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Happy Canada Day.

I second these sentiments. Enjoy your special day.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Canada is a beautiful country.
    Banff is a jewel
    Kitfox IV - 1200 (1994) #1830
    Rotax 912
    Grove Gear, Wheels, Brakes
    22" Desser Tundra Tires

I will concur Canada is a Beautiful country, I got the honor of spending several weeks in Midland, Ontario, Canada at Company expense. A couple of weeks one summer, and a couple of weeks in January. It is located right on the Georgian Bay of Lake Huron. During the summer, one of our co-works at the Company had a very nice large sea worthy boat with a kitchen galley, and 2 sleeping quarters. (Nice Boat!) I could have probably bought 3 Kitfox SLSAs for what that boat was worth! He took about 8 of us out for a cruise in the Georgian Bay. We stopped in Georgian Bay Island National Park, we anchored at a dock. He fixed Lasagna, a dinner salad, and served some wine. We ate and drank on the dock, as we sat their the Space Station flew overhead, man was that cool. Definitely not something I could have done in Texas. It was a cool evening meal in the lower 60s. When I called home to the wife to tell her about the evening out, she was ****ed, it was only in the 100s+ in Texas. Canada is definitely a Beautiful Country, ah.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

May she have many, many more fine birthdays!! I wish Canada and her citizens the very best!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Since we are in this game to fly.........one great bucket list stop is KS28......known as one of the most different airports around since you can put one wheel in Canada and one in the US on the north end of the runway. The highlighted paragraph below says it all.

The International Peace Garden is located north of the settlement of Dunseith on the border between the USA and Canada. It was opened in 1932 in front of more than 50,000 spectators and claims to be the longest unguarded border in the world.

The idea for the garden came from a Canadian member of the National Association of Gardeners, Dr Henry Moore, who wished to commemorate the lengthy period of peace between the two nations.

The most visible monument is the Peace Tower, which was built in the 1980s as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations. The four pillars are meant to signify the coming together of people from the four corners of the world.

More than 150,000 visitors arrive to view the floral displays each year. Most are changed each year - only the Canadian and American flag displays remain the same.

http://www.peacegarden.com/

http://www.airnav.com/airport/S28

Google earth will show you a green egg shaped spot 40 miles wide by 20 miles on the border between ND & Canada......The airport is in the middle of the green spot.

Sincerely,

Dave S

KF7 Trigear

Thanks for the well wishes. We are truly blessed to have such a great country with natural wonders, freedom, rich resources, and great neighbours. I went to Vancouver for our Canada Day weekend and did a 20KM round trip hike with a 4000' elevation change to Lake Garibaldi. It was a great day.

There is a small little airport with a great campground right near there. Let me know if you want details.

And if that isn't enough (and it's not! ) how about our favorite guitar-pickin', rockin'-from-orbit Canadian astronaut, Chris Hadfield, and his brother Dave serenading us all with a rousing chorus of "In Canada" just for this occasion.

If you missed it on the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, you can catch it right here at http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/happy-canada-day-astronaut-chris-hadfields-ode-canada-n145941.

Not bad, eh?

"E.T."