Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, impressive

Default Re: Wow, impressive

Thanks! TeamKitfoxfox.com is a great community. We learned a lot from you guys!

Andreas
    Last edited by ako; 11-21-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi,
    What part of Germany are you located ? I spent a couple years around Baden-Baden.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Baden Baden is about 30 minutes by plane, and 1.5 hours by car.

Our airfield is EDRP Pirmasens, nearby Ramstein airbase.
    There are a lot of former military airbases around used by US and canadian airforces as Zweibrücken, Baden Baden, Bitburg. Some other are closed now, but Ramstein is now bigger then ever before with a lot of US military cargo traffic. There are about 50000 US citizen living in our area.

Ramstien , not to far from kiaserslautern, vogelweh, i spent a few months in landstuhl military hospital too i miss the food! Brauts cooked in beer with brochen with german mustard was my favorite for lunch and a barbarosa
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I lived in a town called Krefeld in NRW for a few months. That was almost 10 years ago. I could only speak German when I was drinking and wasn't self conscious.

Krefeld is 3 hours away by car, but Kaiserslautern and Landstuhl are very close. My company is located in Kaiserslautern, 30 minutes from my home and Ramstein Airbase is on my way beside the autobahn.

SkyPirate, that must be a long time ago - the Barbarossa brewery is out of business since mor then 20 years! ;-)

But no fear, we have enough other beers in Germany ;-)

Andreas

Just curious... So after you did this test what did you check on the airframe to insure there was no damage?

Edit: After checking the video again it looks like there really wasn't that much deformation. I'd fly in it!
    Last edited by Geowitz; 11-22-2013 at 11:43 AM.

We don't have any other airframe ;-)
    Everything was fine after unloading. Remember, the load was only 3.8g - that's the same load that every plane has to handle.
    I'm shure that a Kitfox can handle much more!

Each builder in Germany has to do this tests with every experimental aircraft. We also tested engine mount and horizontal stab and all controls.
    Also we need for each plane an aeronautical engineer that recalculate the static of the hole plane.

Our plane has to comply with JAR23, the code for standard aircraft.
    We don't need to change anything of the kit!

Andreas

Andreas,,it was a life time ago I miss allot of things in Germany like OKTOBERFEST~!! the autobahn.. rhine cruises ,..checking out the castles.it must be gorgeous flying over the castles

and the people..I made some great friends in Europe
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 11-22-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

if you guys check out my photo album there is a similar test on 2 inch 6061T-6 tubing positive static load and a negative static load test after it was unloaded the spars went back to original configuration
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL