Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model III and IV Differences

Default Model III and IV Differences

Gents, as you probably know by now, I've got a model III which sustained heavy damage during a tow accident. Type IV parts are availbe from Kit Fox, but I think type III are limited, therefore could someone please list the items that are compatible between the two. It'd sure help me move this thing along.

Thanks,
    Chuck Gruby
    Petal, Mississippi

Default Re: Model III and IV Differences

FLapperons are different
    mixer is different
    flaperon atach is differnt
    ribs are different

Dave, Thanks for your reply. What about fuselage measurements, i. e., width, wing attach incident angle, the structure in the cabin top.

Chuck Gruby

Chuck,
    I have always hesitated commenting on things that I have no real life experience with, but I know of several IIIs with IV wings. I also know that the landing gear we make will fit a I through IV with just a little tweaking width wise on the cabane. Then the cowl is different as the windshield angle is different. Vertical tail is also taller on the IV.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

The model 3 underchambered wing versus the 4 ,..if you can, take a ride in a 4, its faster, landing speed is higher, the 4 will sink faster then the 3 wing, there are other subtle differences, you flew your 3 how many hours before the incident? If you liked its characteristics try to find replacement model 3 wings, if you would like more speed get some 4 wings, but id try to fly in a 4 first so you can compare
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Thanks for the replies, as time goes on, I'm learning more and more about this critter.

Chuck