Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Arizona Brunch Bunch?

Default Arizona Brunch Bunch?

I'm just taking a short break here from discussing the gastronomic delights of Ogden's airport restaurant menu with SkySteve, but I promise to get back with him on the thread "Heading South...Sort Of," right after this public-service announcement. ( I just got of the phone with DesertFox 4 to make sure this was permissible. )

This thread is primarily for the Arizona aviation crowd as it has to do with a special fly-in breakfast at the Glendale Airport (KGEU) restaurant, aka "Left Seat West," tomorrow, Sunday, 20 October from 0730-1330L. This is the reincarnation of the famous "Left Seat" restaurant at Phoenix Sky Harbor (KPHX) which was closed only moments before the city paved a new runway over it. The food is excellent, the prices just right, especially the all-you-can-eat-weekend-buffet for less than ten bucks, and the atmosphere is definitely aviator-angled...don't let a dangling model airplane smack you in the noggin as you enter.

This event also doubles as a fund-raiser for "Karen," one of the owners who has just undergone surgery for throat cancer but without a cent of medical insurance to her name. Sound familiar? A silent auction in the terminal lobby, adjacent the restaurant, features scads of fun aviation goodies and memorabilia provided by the local aviation crowd in Glendale and the surrounds. The proceeds go to pay Karen's astronomical medical bills; a most worthy cause.

Most unfortunately, all the publicity for this event was being handled by a member of the local sheriff's air posse who died last week (his funeral was today!) leaving this wonderful opportunity to help one of Arizona's most successful and best loved airport restaurant owners totally off Arizona aviation's radar screen, outside of the local Glendale Airport crowd. What a week! Hence this message on this VERY popular website.

So, if you want a hefty excuse to put some air under your fanny on a beautiful, clear, sunny, 80 degree (F!) day and spend a whole lot less than the mythical $100 burger, please tell all your friends and drop by KGEU tomorrow for a fun meal to help out one of our own and be thankful you can fly to do so!

"E.T."
    (We now return to our regular scheduled programming and harassment...)

Default Re: Arizona Brunch Bunch?

It's a long flight for me but I'm going to plan to attend. Might be a little later in the morning. 9:30ish or so. Hope to see you there E.T. and Dee.

How many Desert Fox Squadron flight "debriefings" have taken place over a great breakfast at KGEU restaurant E.T.?

I couldn't count.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I lost track after lebenty-leben or so...I'll be teaching the traditional art of tail-draggin' in the GEU pattern for a little while around ten-ish but, surviving that, we'll park at the restaurant for "refueling."

See you there...for...ah...number lebenty-twelve?

"E.T."

Again, this post will affect the Arizona crowd including the Desert Fox Squadron core membership in the greater Phoenix area and it pains me no end to have to report this. The Left Seat West Restaurant at the Glendale (KGEU) Municipal Airport has closed. Apparently, Halloween was the last day of operation because the doors were closed and out of business on Friday November first.

None of we regular patrons had a hint anything untoward was happening, but the bills for Karen's cancer operations were piling up and the workload was making the healing process anything but easy. This is a tragic example of wonderful people losing their business, if not their home, for want of insurance coverage; they just couldn't afford it.

Thanks to everyone who dropped by to support the Left Seat West and contribute to Karen's medical fund but it apparently just wasn't enough; Karen, Ron and their beautiful little aviators' restaurant will be sorely missed.

"E.T."
    (sigh)

E.T.... any regular meetings scheduled in Phoenix after the close of the restaurant at Glendale?

-Andrew
    Kitfox S-6, KFFZ

No, not really, Andrew; we never had any "regular" meetings anywhere let alone at the Glendale restaurant...whoever the proprietor may have been. DesertFox4 was merely referring to sundried weekend flying jaunts, over the years, that would end up here at my home-drome, KGEU, for a bite before he'd fly home single-ship to KDVT.

The Desert Fox Squadron prides itself on doing everything about as IRREGULAR as we can!

"E.T."
    (But we REALLY need to fly more together now that our "good" weather flying season is upon us.)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox6 View Post
    But we REALLY need to fly more together now that our "good" weather flying season is upon us.
    Well, add me to the list when you want an extra ship along.

Hope you had a great turkey day.

Andrew

Probably gonna be kinda slow during this holiday time of year but when we get our kit together and decide on a soiree, you're on!

"E.T."