Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Instructors, a Listing by Region?

Default Instructors, a Listing by Region?

I'm looking for a Kitfox qualified instructor in the Southern WI area and Boston. I need a minimum 2 hr checkout from a CFI "in same type", along with a Kitfox to do it in. With all the Kitfox aircraft out there I would expect it to be easier to find one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Skot

Default Re: Instructors, a Listing by Region?

Skot, You may or may not find that an easy thing to locate...that's why Kitfox Aircraft has teemed up with Stick and Rudder Aviation http://stick-rudder.com/ Located in Boise, ID, Paul Ledabrand owns S&R and operates the only known flight school that purchases the SLSA Kitfox to use for training. Paul's training is #1 as attested to by many here on the list.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Skot,
    As an added side note, I just watched a video telling of a flight school in Vermont that purchased a Kitfox SS for intention to use for training. That could be a little closer for you when near Boston. I have no other details of the school, so you might give Paul (Stick and Rudder) a call as he sold them that plane.
    Hope it helps
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Skot,
    I'm a few miles south of Wausau. Model IV tail dragger. I have transitioned some of our local Fox Flyers. I am a CFI.
    You could give me a call. 715 693-four two five four.

JimS

Paul Potter of Shelburne Flight School currently trains myself and a few other students in a Kitfox S7 Super Sport. About 2/3 of his students train in a C-150, but me and 2-3 others choose the KF :-)

Let me know if you want his contact info (it can also be found in a web search).

Shawn

I was just up in NH/VT, wish i had read this before coming home, i would have flown up to Burlington in my model 5 TD
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

yes and you can get actual MoGas there (Shelburne)
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I just got back from Boise Idaho, Paul Leadabrand fro Stick & Rudder got me signed off for my Tail Dragger, my BFR, and we did some mountain flying. He is undoubtedly one of the best instructors I have ever had. We flew 3.5 to 4.0 hours a day for the week. I have never had that enjoyable of a time flying. I got to do some challenging landings & T/Os at some mountain strips, flew up the Snake River, landed at a couple of desert strips, and landed on a farmers field. If you can swing going to work with Stick & Rudder I personally would highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed. FYI, I am not usually the type of persons that will give personal recommendations. Stick & Rudder is one of my few exceptions. . I'm still grinning from the experience.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I am looking forward to getting Kitfox N703KA, converted to a Tail Dragger, and upgrading my Advanced Flight System 3500 to a Advanced Flight 5800. I've talked to John McBean and all we need to do is work out the cost and schedule. After having flown 724KA I really am fired up about the conversion.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas