Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rudder trim on k5

Default Rudder trim on k5

Has anyone put rudder trim on k5? Pictures?

Default Re: Rudder trim on k5

Quote Originally Posted by gizmos View Post
    Has anyone put rudder trim on k5? Pictures?
    Yes, do a search on rudder trim on this website and you will see my cockpit adjustable electric (model airplane servo actuated) rudder trim with photos. Bruce Lina N199CL

We'll I made my rudder trim, installed it and sitting looking at it, I can believe no body told me it looked like hell. I took it off and now reworking it after looking at my buddy's rv8. Here is my first attempt and I will post the second try.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gizmos,

There are several approaches people have used from the simple to the sophisticated; and, as indicated earlier..... a search of the list will turn up a lot of information.

I got interested in adding a rudder trim after doing my phase 1.........got it designed...some of the parts fabrticated....this one is a simple exterior mounted and adjustable tab. Estimated completed weight is 3 ounces....... but haven't finished it yet.

One thing you might glean from the list search is how big the tab needs to be (or not be).

Sincerely,

Dave S