Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Aus S7 Kitfox

Default Re: Aus S7 Kitfox

As usual Ben, classy workmanship. I’m really looking forward to seeing this aeroplane when it’s finished.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Your plane looks so good Ben, I may have to fly to Aus just to look at it!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Thanks Dave and Josh, hope you all enjoy Oshkosh!
    Your Kitfox is looking amazing Josh! Love the paint scheme!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Its well and truly time for a progress update!
    I've had a good run the last few weeks on the wiring so it's all pretty well sorted apart from fire wall fwd.
    I have ended up fitting a dual lightspeed electronic ignition system that has taken some planing electrically, involving a backup power supply and switching for redundancy. It is essentially the same set up as Cubcrafters are running with good results both in performance and economy increases.
    Next were the sticks, I machined up end caps with the trim toggle switchs recessed in the end and a PTT switch just below the stick grip.
    I mounted the head set jacks in the middle just behind the seat, there is a face plate that sandwiches the baggage bag so just the jacks will be exposed. I also added a USB port In this location. The thinking behind this position for the jacks is that the leads/controllers for the headsets will lay between the two seats and will be clear of the doors as I intend to fly with the doors off every now and then in the summer evenings. (We've done this with another aircraft I've flown and it's great fun at low speed)
    Covered the firewall yesterday and getting ready to put the engine back on for good, then it will be on to engine baffles, wiring probes/censers etc. I still have to make up a chromoly bracket to mount the crank angle sensors for the electronic ignition but that's on the list of a thousand small jobs to do....
    It feels like it's at the 90% complete and 90% to go stage but I find it the most enjoyable stage, adding all the finishing touches.IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Headset jacks and USB
    IMG_2473.jpg
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Oh I really like your headset jacks and usb setup/position. I'm going to run with that idea too.
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO

Man, your wiring is beautiful. Makes me want to remove my harnesses and replace them. Want to visit Southern CA anytime soon?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie, I would love to visit Southern CA... maybe not for wiring reasons thou, I think I would go nuts if I had to run another bunch of wires to soon haha
    At the end of the day the electrons dont know how neat the wiring is, there's a reason I've taken so long to build this kitfox too, I can't help myself but I get enjoyment out of it.
    Sounds like your getting close, Looking forward to hearing of the first flight!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233

Now there's a nice bit of wiring.
    There's a certain beauty in the way the wires want to go. I can appreciate the effort. Well worth it.
    I was lucky enough to visit Perth and Sidney back in the 80's/90's with the US Navy.
    Your nations hospitality was top notch. Created many a fond memory for a thirsty sailor!

Cheers!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Thanks bbs428, and awesome to hear you had a great experience visiting Aus!
    We can definitely say the same about your nations hospitality, we were lucky enough to visited some of the northern states of your country (Oshkosh included!) and were made to feel very welcome!
    Regards Ben

Victoria Australia
    S7 Kitfox 233