Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model IV Cargo Pod

Default Re: Model IV Cargo Pod

Thanks for the reply.

The rear ones I know, but I think the one in the front with the bolt belongs to the control column.
    I can't see tne ones for the cargo pod.

Any ideas what to do without them?

Okay, I see now you are missing the front tabs. If you still have not covered the belly you can put adel clamps on the diagonal tubes there. On the diagram above I have penciled in the measurements from the front bolt holes in the control column mount bearing to the holes in the tabs.

The left one (Pilot side) is 2.5 inches left and 1.3 inches forward.
    The right one is 2.25 inches left and 1.3 inches forward.
    Center to center the holes in the two front tabs are 17.0 inches apart.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I would caution against using adels for this type of application. As I found out the hard way they are not meant to be used in areas that need structural integrity. Do a search on this site for the "battery box service bulletin" that I posted a few years back and you will see what i mean. A better solution is to make up some of the simple 4130 steel tube clamps that can be custom made to fit over existing fuse tubes to secure your cargo pod. (photos are included in the service bulletin) Bruce Lina N199CL

Here is a neat Cargo Pod, I have been thinking of Ordering one. The man at the pod company said one of their customers took their pod and mad the Bomb Pod. Having worked defense industry for 35 years, I just gotta have one!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas