Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding the family Kitfox

Default Re: Finding the family Kitfox

^^ email'd!!

Thanks for the info on the jabiru swap. And indeed I remember it taking off like a rocket with the 80hp 912 but can't comment on other performance as I was still at that "take the controls for a few minutes" age. Ha.!

The extra power might help out with those bush wheels though.!

I can't get over how good the the fox looks these days.

I've shown the the current pictures to both my dad and my grandfather and they're both delighted to see it so well kept/upgraded and are just as curious as I am as to how it wound up so far away.! When I told my dad Norway didn't bode well for me being able to buy it he indicated he might be up for "just one more airplane build" ha!

I want to thank you all again so much for your interest and help. Everything I've done in my short flying career has been in preparation for future Kitfox ownership... I've never even flown a nose-dragger.!

Can't wait to join your ranks.!

Hello Alex!

I just stumbeld over this tred nearly tow years late. But enyhow i am the ovner
    Of the old fox. I bouth the plane from Dave Honkrn from wisconsin in 2008.

I had a difrent cell fone number in 2012 and 2013, but now my number is wath
    Michel stated erliger in this tred.

I have rebuilt the kitfox fwf and installed a new jab 3300 engine with a sensenic 68/36 wood prop.
    The old rotax 912 was sold (with som ignition problrms i belive.)

I also upgraded to the kitfox bush gear with 26" Alaskan bushweel Airstrike weels.

The kitfox is now located on Ualand air strip on Jæren.

At the time when i am writhing this i am on Vacation in Florida. I have bin here for olmost 2 month now, and i am locking forward to come home and fly only 2 weeks left

If you are in possession of any building log pictures or docUment i am wery interested in a copy..?

Best regards
    John-Reidar

Neat story, and even more proof that it is a small world after all! Interestingly, it would appear that the oem main gear off this plane passed thru my parts collection some years ago. As I recall, the workmanship was top notch and I eventually sold the gear to a fellow in Grove City, PA who had suffered a hard landing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

great story!

It's great that you found the plane.

If money was no matter, would be awesome to get the plane back in the family.

keeping track of your family heritage is important!
    Kitfox IV - 1200 (1994) #1830
    Rotax 912
    Grove Gear, Wheels, Brakes
    22" Desser Tundra Tires

What a great story indeed. Now flying on another continent...I bet your grandfather never dreamed of that happening! How cool! Safe flying...
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!