Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: One fuel tank?

Default One fuel tank?

Hi List,
    The left fuel tank on my IV-1200 ruptured again, in a different spot than before. Rather than muck around trying to repair, I've decided to replace the tank.

While I'm waiting for a new tank, does anyone see a problem with disconnecting the leaky left tank and only use the right tank? Are there any known fuel distribution issues with only using one wing tank?

Thanks,
    Scott

Default Re: One fuel tank?

Hi Scott,

I built a Lite2 (Model 4) in Canada and purposely built it with the panel tank and one x 1 Gal wing tank (pass side). Never had any balance or distribution issues. I still had more than enough gas to outlast my bladder capacity.

Gary (Classic 4 Jab2200)

Hi Scott

I have a Kitfox 5 and had a leak in my left tank a few years ago and had no prob with flying with just one tank it still gave me over 3hr in the air. Good luck with the tank job

Alan

Thanks for the info. I flew about 4 hours over the last couple of days using only the right tank. The engine didn't quit so I guess fuel is flowing fine.

Scott

Scot
    I had a J3 cub with a tank only in the R/H wing plus a tank fwd of the inst panel and it worked just fine, it did not seem to matter to the trim weather the tank was full or empty!
    I have just installed the tanks into my MK7 had to repair one before fitting hope the repair stands up but I guess it may be a year or more before I find out!!
    dave
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS