Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Kitfox is LSA capable?

Default Re: Which Kitfox is LSA capable?

To Steve, I live about 40 nm east of you in Harford county Md I have a model IV 1200 and would be happy to answer any questions or give you a ride you could meet me at w42 (Fallston) just PM me. For Lion8 here is a good one page read on the lsa. http://www.heavenboundaviation.com/andysportpilot.htm
    Basically anything that meets the requirements of LSA definition can be used weather it be a Ercoup, Areonca 7ac, or a kitfox it doesn't matter what type of type certificate weather it is standard or EAB or ELSA or SLSA. I hope this helps.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

Default Re: Which Kitfox is LSA capable?

Speaking of problems with the FAA. If you do not build your kitfox and it is registered as experimental, and you go through the EAA inspectors school you cannot do your own condition inspection. If you buy an LSA or have a registered ELSA you can. However once it is registered, at least this is what an FAA rep. told me at Oshkosh, you may not change the registration to ELSA. Much the same as if you have a medical problem that would not pass a Class III you can fly LSA as long as you haven't taken a medical and have been turned down. Go figure.
    Chuck
    Chuck