Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rigging

Default Re: Rigging

I use to have to push on the rudder to keep the ball centered. I went a baught a wedge from somebody, can't remember right now, and put it on my rudder, mine is on the right side, mine needed left rudder to center the ball. I taped mine on with the thought, if it fixed it I would make it permanent. well that was like 5 years ago. I taped it on with packaging tape and than painted to match my white paint.

now keep this in mind, you want the rudder trim fixed first, and than go for the wing. I also had a slight heavy wing. I went to the rear of the other wing and adjusted at the strut to bring the wing up. I did one turn at a time. also make sure you have plenty of threads remaining for just a thing. mine flies hands off now. and feet off.

one more thing, if you adjust 1 turn and it goes the other way, than back off 1/2 turn.
    Last edited by Slyfox; 11-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.

I found what I was looking for the rudder.

http://www.averytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=9883

its a wedge that you put on the rear of the rudder and it will cause it to deflect and center the rudder without using rudder. helped mine.

slyfox, I ordered that part from avery and found that it was not enough to center the ball so ended up making a thicker one out of pvc exterior building trim. also would tape it on the rudder and go fly till we found the right position on the rudder. flys center now. I posted some pic's after we finished with it under rudder trim I think. hope this helps.