Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fuel filter

Default Fuel filter

My KF does not have any fuel filters. I would like to install filters, located between the wing tanks and behind the seat header tank, for each wing tank. The filters would be visible from inside the cabin.

Anyone know of any issues with this location?

Thanks, Scott

Default Re: Fuel filter

Both my model 3 and now my model 4 have fuel filters in the exact location you mentioned. They've worked fine for 1900 hours. They are both just below my shut off valves for easier replacement of the filters. They are see-through also for a quick check for positive fuel flow.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Fuel filter

I have been using the ceramic and glass see-thru filters from Kragens. When I replaced my fuel lines I mounted the filters on either side of the windshield about mid post.

They work well and can be cleaned with replacement elements available. I like the advantage of watching my fuel flow as I fly or switch tanks. If it is not flowing, you are not going.

Pete